Keith,

Thanks for the tip about the connection of the gauge siphon to the turret. I have to agree with Geoff and Harry about the probable impact on a miniature steam gauge. Siphon connection point, and knowing actual boiler pressure, is probably more critical when pressures are much higher and the gauges big enough to provide precise readings.

Of course I have to agree with them, because I've gone ahead and planned to attach the siphon to the steam turret on my under-construction 0-4-0. Parts are made so I'm not changing it now. The story that I'm telling myself is that the relatively low planned boiler working pressure, and hoped-for boiler steaming qualities, will make it a non-issue. Geoff's and Harry's comments reinforces the story.

Steve

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

"... the steam gauge is getting it's feed from the turret? I would think that to be a poor spot to measure the boiler pressure, since fluctuations from using the blower, whistle, and what not would give an inconsistant reading at best?"