-----Original Message-----
From: standards-boun...@xmpp.org [mailto:standards-boun...@xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of Tuomas Koski
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 3:15 PM
To: XMPP Standards
Subject: Re: [Standards] XEP-0080 interoperability

Hi Stephen,

On 8 April 2010 17:45, Stephen Pendleton <pendl...@movsoftware.com> wrote:

>Like recommended in http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0080.html#transport
>you can use any Publish-Subscribe service. Basically you can publish
>the data on any node you want. It's up to the implementation.

Yes, but how is that interoperable? I want my implementation to be
interoperable with every other implementation out there.

>Reply:
><iq type='result'
>   from='pam...@wagon.com/mobile'
>   to='step...@movsoftware.com/resource-a'
>   id='items'>
>   <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
>      <item jid='somewhere.else.com'
>         node='/geo_loc/pam...@wagon.com'
>         name='Geolocation of Pamela Baywatch'/>
>   </query>
></iq>

How do I know programmatically this is the geolocation node? Imagine two
people each in separate rooms each attempting to create a XMPP application
that will exchange XEP-0080 geoloc data (without using PEP). How would
implementation A know which node implementation B publishes their
geolocation data to?

Maybe I am missing something in the pubsub spec that explains how this is
discovered.