On 12.04.2010 23:45, Stephen Pendleton wrote:
> Microblogging (or blogging in general) is an excellent example though - as
> it is not restricted to IM clients. If you wanted to build a distributed
> non-implementation specific microblogging system that used pubsub, not PEP,
> how would it be done? I wouldn't know how to find your pubsub microblogging
> nodes so I could subscribe to them. However if I always knew your microblog
> was located at node jabberserver.com/nathanfritz (or whatever), or could be
> discovered to be at that node, it would be easy to implement. Without that
> step it is really limited to be used via PEP, which is certainly meant to be
> IM specific, or is limited to a particular implementation (data
> islands=bad).

Maybe my view on this diverges from everyone else's, but I don't think
PEP is/should be restricted to IM. It is a totally artificial
restriction you are putting on your self that makes things more
complicated. Why wouldn't (to keep the example) one microblogger be
connected to one JID and his microblog stored in a PEP node on that?