-----Original Message-----
From: standards-boun...@xmpp.org [mailto:standards-boun...@xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Hildebrand
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:19 PM
To: XMPP Standards
Subject: Re: [Standards] XEP-0080 interoperability

>If you're just asking how you can have two different microblogs for the
same
>person with different ACLs, then that's an interesting (and different)
>question.  We could (for example) define a XEP119-like pointer schema
(which
>just includes JID+Node, and maybe some descriptive text), and leave those
>pointers in the well-defined microblog node.  Interested parties could try
>to explicitly subscribe to those other JID+nodes if they wanted to.

Actually one of things I was asking is how can you have different people
have microblogs which are referenced by the pubsub node
"urn:xmpp:microblog:0". However it does seem based on this discussion you
can send subscription requests to JIDs like:

<iq type='set'
    from='franci...@denmark.lit/barracks'
    to='jul...@shakespeare.lit'
    id='sub1'>
    <subscribe
        node='urn:xmpp:microblog:0'
        jid='franci...@denmark.lit'/>
  </pubsub>
</iq>

This will (supposedly) subscribe frans...@denmark.lit to
jul...@shakespeare.lit microblog. If this isn't the case then there is an
issue. XEP-0060 always shows the pubsub service as the "to" JID in the
examples, so it isn't clear if the above is really supported.

Thanks