On Tue Apr 13 15:26:12 2010, Stephen Pendleton wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: standards-boun...@xmpp.org [mailto:standards-boun...@xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Hildebrand
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:19 PM
To: XMPP Standards
Subject: Re: [Standards] XEP-0080 interoperability

>If you're just asking how you can have two different microblogs for the
same
>person with different ACLs, then that's an interesting (and different) >question. We could (for example) define a XEP119-like pointer schema
(which
>just includes JID+Node, and maybe some descriptive text), and leave those >pointers in the well-defined microblog node. Interested parties could try
>to explicitly subscribe to those other JID+nodes if they wanted to.

Actually one of things I was asking is how can you have different people
have microblogs which are referenced by the pubsub node
"urn:xmpp:microblog:0". However it does seem based on this discussion you
can send subscription requests to JIDs like:

<iq type='set'
    from='franci...@denmark.lit/barracks'
    to='jul...@shakespeare.lit'
    id='sub1'>
    <subscribe
        node='urn:xmpp:microblog:0'
        jid='franci...@denmark.lit'/>
  </pubsub>
</iq>

This will (supposedly) subscribe frans...@denmark.lit to
jul...@shakespeare.lit microblog. If this isn't the case then there is an issue. XEP-0060 always shows the pubsub service as the "to" JID in the
examples, so it isn't clear if the above is really supported.

It is, but that's an explicit subscription to a PEP node, so if Juliet doesn't have PEP, then that won't work.

The thing is, if you have a person, represent that with an IM account.

If you want to tie Pubsub nodes to that person, do so with PEP (or at least Pubsub-onna-jid, which is a superset of PEP).

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/