Hey all,

You might have seen me on the IRC channel asking about this. I'm quite confused about how to configure the DynamicMappingFilter and how it fits together with StripesDispatcher and StripesFilter. I've searching around online and there are many slightly different configurations that are "recommended".

I'd like to achieve the following:

 * HomeBean.java uses UrlBinding("/") to match requests for the home page.
 * LoginBean.java uses UrlBinding("/login")
 * Any requests that do not match a binding reach a 404 page, I've
   created a /WEB-INF/jsp/404.jsp .

The web.xml I've configured so far is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"; version="2.5">

<filter>
<filter-name>StripesFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>ActionResolver.Packages</param-name>
<param-value>com.webapp.action</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>Extension.Packages</param-name>
<param-value>com.webapp.ext</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>

<filter>
<filter-name>DynamicMappingFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DynamicMappingFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>DynamicMappingFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
<dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>

<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/WEB-INF/jsp/404.jsp</location>
</error-page>

</web-app>

I have the following questions:

 * Do I need an index.jsp that forwards requests to the HomeBean ?
   Couldn't the UrlBinding simply handle the Url request?
 * At the moment any url pattern e.g. /testme requests are handled by
   the HomeBean apart from /login. My 404 handler is never being used ?

I'd like to follow idiomatic practices when using Stripes all help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Chris