On Jan 12, 2004, at 2:33 AM, Papick Garcia Taboada wrote:

Good morning everybody,

So here is my question: rather then guessing position by url, I would prefer to select
the menue manually. In my eyes, this should override the url scanning procedure.
Is there any way to tell struts-menue what the actual position is? Like setting a session scope
variable with the menue name?

The problem is that there's no server-side mechanism to detect which menu you've clicked on. The only thing you have is the URL itself. You'd have to use JavaScript or something to submit a hidden field with the menu's name if you wanted to do that. Otherwise, you could do something in a Filter that matched URLs with menu names to set the selected tab.

Matt