Hi,

well, I do know where my user is. I have a front controller in my app for modules and one for each module.
I always know the exact state of my web-app.
I have solved this problem using the tiles "controller" option.

As far as I understood from your code, the displayer inspects the urs/ cookies in some order to determine the
actual menu position. I could add a statement in front of this checking, where I do search for a
variable in the session scope. If there is such variable (containing a menu name), then it is the actual position.
If it is empty, work as usual.

This way the application could, at serverside, choose which menue should be displayed next.
The name of variable to search for should be configurable in the menu config file.

Please correct me if I am wrong: all I have to do is to create, in my special case, a modified implementation of the VelocityDisplayer, right?

brgds,

papick