From: "Matt Raible" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Yeah, I discovered a similar bug this weekend with expandable menus.
> The reason is because the Menu's JavaScript resets the onclick handlers
> for all links.  I *think* I fixed this in CVS.  Try getting a new JS
> file for your menu.  I've attached it for your convenience.

I'm using a modified tabs.js because I only look at the cookie value to
decide which tab to highlight.

I've pasted in the entire 'for' loop in the initMenu() function, and I'm
still getting the same behavior, it goes to the 'noscript.html' page that I
have set for 'location'.  Actually... I'm not sure I need the initMenu()
part at all.  The onclick part is getting rendered from menu-config.xml, the
cookie will get set from the Action code, and I only look at the cookie (in
activateMenu()) to decide which one to highlight.  So I took the guts of
intMenu() out, now all it does is call activateMenu().

And... it comes up and displays the first tab.  I check some checkboxes, and
click the second tab, and it submits, then displays the second tab with the
new selections.  Perfect.  Until I click again on the first tab.  Then I can
see in the log that it submits, but the page remains completely blank, if I
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Reloading gets the warning that it was a POST and the data will be
resubmitted, (and the logs show it) but still a blank page.

Very weird.  Going in with mode=Advanced (tab2) works, but with
mode=Standard (tab1) it's blank for a POST request.  GET works fine though,
if I just click a link on another page to open it with tab1 selected.

Can you explain what this does:
if (items[i].firstChild.onclick) { ... }
Does it evaluate to a boolean, and determine whether the onclick attribute
is present and non-empty?

Thanks,
Wendy Smoak