To be honest, I'm not sure - try removing velocity.properties from
WEB-INF/classes - or removing the Velocity JARs altogether.

> Also, how can I set the logging level to WARN for struts-menu classes?

In log4j.properties, or log4j.xml - set it to WARN:

log4j.logger.net.sf.navigator=WARN

>  INFO (SimpleLog4JLogSystem.java:175) -
>  INFO (SimpleLog4JLogSystem.java:175) - Starting Jakarta
> Velocity v1.4-rc1  INFO (SimpleLog4JLogSystem.java:175) -
> RuntimeInstance initializing.  INFO
> (SimpleLog4JLogSystem.java:175) - Default Properties File:
> org/apache/velocity/runtime/defaults/velocity.properties
>  --------------
> DEBUG (?:?) - setting name to: loans
> DEBUG (?:?) - setting name to: visamc
> DEBUG (?:?) - setting name to: adv
> DEBUG (?:?) - setting name to: logoff
>
> We just ran the stress test on a web app. developed using
> Struts-Menu 2.0 and Struts 1.1. Overall, the application
> appeared to slow down significantly with only "50" users, the
> average response time on my PC was about 30 seconds to bring
> up a page (this does not include running a query, just
> clicking on a struts-menu tab heading).
> Server stats showed disk and memory usage being pretty low on
> the web server. There appeared to be hardly any paging or
> swapping. However, the CPU was pinned at 98-100% with only a
> few users. We noticed a constant CPU of 98% with only "10" users.
>
> We are always thinking about struts-menu code for performance
> problems. Is there any document that gives stress test
> results of a web app. that uses struts-menu?

Not that I know of - have you tried removing Struts Menu (just view
source and copy the HTML into your code) and seeing if that helps?

Matt