We tested for that also. When we stopped/removed/deployed/started
our web app, and for first request we see some time delay because jsps
get recompiled and after that web app responds very fast.
So, I am sure it is not recompiling JSPs for every request.

Thanks for taking a look at the problem.

Reddy Pingili