Aaron,
      I believe the code you have should be accurate, but leave out the
usebean directive for task (which isn't necessary and I think is
interfering with your iteration id because it has the same id):

<jsp:useBean id="general" scope="application"
class="com.razorfront.corporate.global.General"/>

<logic:iterate id="task" name="general" property="tasks">
  <bean:write name="task" property="subject"/> <br>
</logic:iterate>

this is assuming:
1) the method in General that returns the Arraylist is getTasks().
2) there is a method in Task called getSubject()

Hope that helps,
Bill