I think all paths are relative to the root of your application.

I am new to struts... so I may be all wrong.... but....

make the path in your action "/jsp/logon"

    <action    path="/jsp/logon"
                       type="com.tgt.d2g.auth.LogonAction"
                       name="logonForm"
                       input="/jsp/logon.jsp"
                       scope="session">
                      <forward name="home"  path="/jsp/home.jsp"/>
                      <forward name="error" path="/jsp/error.jsp"/>
    </action>

then in your form use "/jsp/logon" as the action

-Mark