Maybe I'll go become a citizen of India... They seem to be getting a lot of IT work.
Heck $20/hour over there is like $80/hour here :-))

Brandon Goodin

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 1:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Does a degree matter?

Hello Brandon,

Generally degrees, diplomas, accreditation, courses and the like can only
help you in any career.  But the IT career is unusual because of pace at
which things change in the IT industry.  Cheaper computers, cheaper software
and cheaper programmers make it tough to see where you will be in a couple
of years.  Downturns in the economy and outsourcing/nearsourcing IT work to
far away lands only make it worse.

There's a lot of soul searching going on now within the IT industry.  It's
tough going from being able to get work anywhere for lots of money to having
a tough time getting a job for much less money.

I think that if you are considering going to school for a degree, you should
make sure that computers is the career you want.  This may be a rare
opportunity for you to consider another kind of career.

Auto mechanics now earn about the same as programmers and they can open the
windows while the work!

Good luck!

Steve