Hi Stephan,

has you define the tile-config in your struts-config?
You must define the tile - plugin in the struts-config
CIao

Stephan Wiesner wrote:
Hi Axel,
that did not help. Now I just get "null" as the exception .-(

Axel Sachmann wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi list, I have a problem getting tiles definitions to work (using

Hi Stephan,

Struts 1.1).
It works fine, when I use <tiles:put name="head" value="Kopf.jsp" /> in
my JSP pages,
but not with the XML:

Here is the code in my tiles-defs.xml
    <definition name="mainLayout" path="Layout.jsp">
        <put name="head"  value="MeinKopf" />            </definition>
    And here is Layout.jsp:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:useAttribute name="head"/>

i would say that you should use insert:definition in your page.
something like this.
<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

<tiles:insert definition="freelancer-new-profile" />
Hope this will help you

Axel Sachmann

And here is the JSP I use to call Layout.jsp:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:insert page="Layout.jsp" flush="true">
</tiles:insert>

The error I get is: [ServletException in:Layout.jsp] Error - tag useAttribute : attribute
'head' not found in context. Check tag syntax'

If I call Layout.jsp right away, I get:
ServletException: Error - tag useAttribute : no tiles context found