lixin chur

You must configure your context as the following:

<Context path="/template"
        docBase="/J2EELoesungen/Projekte/Template/webapps/template"
        reloadable="true"
        cookies="true">

               prefix="template_log."
               suffix=".txt"
               timestamp="true" />
</Context>

where path is the webapp context and the docbase the phisical folder, where your webapp is placed.

The reloadabe flag indicates, that tomcat will reload if there are changes. But: That have nothing to do with struts and jsp! Also I think, this is the default behavior.

At runtime, you can only change your jsp, nothing else if you don't want, that the tomcat has to restart.

Manfred

lixin chu wrote:

hi,
i just tried these sceniors, it seems that nothing
happened. I checked Tomcat log file, could not find when it restarted.

do i need to check something special ?
--- Carl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If you add new java code in a running Tomcat
context, by default the context will restart itsel automaticly.

Carl

lixin chu wrote:

Thanks !

I am very new to this web application world, just
wanted to clarify if I can do these in a running
Struts application without restart Tomcat:
1. Can I modify existing JSP files ?
Yes, I have tried
2. Can I add new JSP files into existing folder ?
I think so.
3. Can I create new folders for some new JSP files

?

4. Can I add new java class into an existing

folder ?

5. Can I create a new folder for some new Java

classes

?

thanks
li xin