So, I re-read the original post and follow-ups, and it doesn't seem like this is
what was being asked for at all. Maybe it's me, but it sounded like there was
just some confusion about how to do *development*, not how to dynamically add
actions at runtime. If that's the case, Li Xin should check out Tomcat's
"Application Developer's Guide":

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/index.html

Specifically, it details the use of the install, reload, and remove ant tasks
that make modifying and reloading an app fairly painless without having to
restart the container.

As for the changes outlined in Manfred's document, I'd recommend a search of a
struts-user archive (particularly for messages from Craig) as to why
ReloadAction was removed from 1.1 and why config freezing is important.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>