LOL.  I do like that Frank.  I always thought that the advantages of DST
increased a tad as one went North.  Indeed I understand from friends there that
in Scotland the advantages are such that even the farmers manage to forget the
fact that their animals have a short problem when DST came in and out. The
advantages for other aspects of DST life begin to be realised there.  Not least
the way in which children can go to and return from school in more daylight
than before.  This has (of course) led to the suggestion that the Scots should
have their own time.  But there are some advantages of DST for those of us in
the higher latitudes.

The other thing that hasn't yet been touched upon in this mail list exchange is
the idea of DST being adopted permanently instead of the 'normal' time.  This
strange idea is often suggested by those living in Kent and was even tried in
Britain some time ago yet later abandoned for good reason.  The idea has also
recently been tried in Portugal; once again with a massive vote against after a
period of trial.  Yet the insanity persists.  Has this odd suggestion been
tried outside Western Europe I wonder?

Regards

Patrick