When I have a clock and not a sundial, clock time has to be converted into
sundial time (Local True Solar Time) to make it day-relevant.

So, if you make a sundial, shouldn't it just show sundial time? Isn't that
really what a sundial for--showing Local True Solar Time?

You could make a correction-table to convert sundial-time to
clock-time--consisting of the EoT, with the longitude-correction added to
it for converting from sundial time to clock time.   ...and display it
beside the sundial.

By the way, when I said that a Disk Equatorial is incomparably easier to
make than a Band or Cylinder Equatorial, of course should have added
"...unless you already have a cylinder or a band, and a means to make a
hole in it, to make a circumference hole-nodus.

Of course such a dial can only show 12 hours of time, but that can be
remedied by having more than one circumference-hole nodus.

I don't know the right terminology for what I call a Band-Equatorial or a
Cylinder-Equatorial.

If the band is wide enough for a circumference hole-nodus to cast it
light-spot on the band all year, so that the band has a width equal to
D*2tan(obliquity), giving it a width nearly equal to half its diameter,
maybe that's the practical-difference-point at which a Band-Equatorial
becomes a Cyllinder-Equatorial.

As I understand it, "Equatorial Dial" usually refers to a Disk-Equatorial.
I call it the Cylinder and Band versions Equatorials because they measure
time in the same direct way that a Disk-Equatorial does.   ...but their
dial-surface is parallel to the Earth's polar-axis so someone could argue
that they should be called Polar Band or Cylinder dials.

So what are they correctly called?

Michael Ossipoff

..