On 02/08/11 16:24, Meik Hellmund wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:58:43 +0100
> Detlev Habicht <habi...@ims.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
>
>> We have to recompile gdmdynamic?
>
> Yes, in fact all of gdm
>

>> Or is there a config file somewhere in the system?
>
> there is a comment in daemon/gdm-net.c:
>   this should be configurable ......but it seems nobody did it
>

>> Detlev
>>
>> P.S.: I am using Red Hat.
>
> in Debian you just do:
>   apt-get build-dep gdm    (install all libraries etc neccessary for building
> gdm)
>   apt-get source gdm       (get the source)
>   cd gdm-2.20.11
>   vi daemon/gdm-net.c      (change the parameter)
>   dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc  (build the package)
>   dpkg -i ../gdm_2.20.11-4_amd64.deb (install)
>

> No idea what the equivalent yum/rpm commands are.
>
>  - Meik

Hi Meik,

this finally seems to fix our problem. The patched gdm for ubuntu 10.4
now runs for some days without problems.

For those, who are also running ubuntu 10.4 I have updated the wiki
accordingly:

http://wiki.sun-rays.org/index.php/SRSS_4.2_on_Ubuntu_10.04_(i386,_amd64)

man thanks for the help

Carsten

--
Max Planck Institut fuer marine Mikrobiologie
- Network Administration -