I don't know - I would venture to guess that they also wouldn't want to see this be successful if not controlled by Oracle. It could be a a save-face mechanism. It feels like they found a bin, and chucked it in there, which is a great shame, this coming from someone with a passion for it...

If anyone finds out a direction, post it here!