I've put pfsense 1.0.1 on a box with K6-2 CPU and 3 NICs. Hardware is
nothing special, should work out of the box, but I find that all the
network interfaces are dead after boot, and there are watchdog timeouts
on the network interfaces. NICs/drivers are rl and vr. When I select
disable APIC from the bsd boot menu all networking works fine.

How can I make no APIC permanent? I didn't find a file to edit for this.

What am I missing out on without APIC?

There is no APIC-related BIOS setting I could find. Is there something
specific I should look for and change?

Thanks for any pointers!

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.