Hi

I am finding one of my pfsense boxes is losing its internal connection between
the LAN and WAN.  Happens maybe once a week or longer...

The WAN seems to be OK, as I recall I can ping the Internet still and ping /
access the Motorola config page at 192.168.100.1

There are no error messages in the system log at the time of occurrence.

Running top in ssh or on the monitor looks much the same with no process
dominating anything, although the web response may be longer.

The WAN is cable via a Motorola Surfboard SB5101.  A colleague of mine is also
using the same pfSense and modem - and having the same issues.

We are both finding frequent logged messages of this ilk:

    kernel: arp: 192.168.0.4 is on rl2 but got reply from 00:00:cd:1c:06:8c on
rl1

In my case the cards are all of rl variety, his are xl.

Reloading the filters does not fix it.

Rebooting usually does although sometimes I seem to need to power cycle the
modem also.  When tested the Modem has remained up as I can connect up an
alternative NIC appropriately configured with the static IP.

It is a pain when offsite as one cannot remotely trigger a reboot to gain
system access.....

How can I progress identifying the issue from here?

Kind regards

David