Dear Francesco and Kay,

my comments follow

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:30, Francesco Furfari
<francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it> wrote:
> Dear Kai,
>
> this is a very good news.
> We will be happy to contribute to the requirements,
> as well as to work on the reference implementation when the specification
> will be ready.
>
> Concerning Z-Wave I tried time ago to get their specification but it wasn't
> open.
> Is there anybody in AALOA who have experience with such technology ?

Yes, as far as I know, the Z-Wave specification are available only for
"Z-Wave Lincesee", and I'm wondering if it may cause any IP issue for
the definition of the open specification.

> Kind regards,
> Francesco
>

> Il 22/12/2010 11.07, Kai Hackbarth ha scritto:
>
> Dear Francesco, all,
> some of you may know that the OSGi Residential Expert Group started to work
> on new requirements for REG specification release 5. We are also planning to
> define standardized APIs for ZigBee and Z-Wave. The general idea that
> Francesco introduced is inline with what are planning to do at REG. We will
> start working on requirements documents next year and you kindly invited to
> participate in this activities. I keep you informed.

Yes, I have to join my happiness to Francesco's one, I'm really
looking fordward to contribute either to requirements and to interface
specification! Moreover, IMHO, I believe that it could be one of the
best channel for spreading the name of AALOA among the OSGi community.

> Regards,
> Kai

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi