But if the same hardware was made but was just improved, and software
was written better, there would still be an abundance of parts for
free, and we would have computers that were like Porsches - not 12
cylinders, not using automatically adjusted wings, but winning races
because they were PERFECTED.

Upgraded computers are not getting better. They are getting WORSE.

On  8 Mar 99 at 22:15, hammer wrote:

> Bjorn wrote:
>  > Keep in mind though, that if people where not so anxious
>  > to upgrade and buy the latest hardware, you would not be
>  > able to find all the free parts you say you do <g>
..
> strain in turn.) A profoundly anti-social, and highly wasteful process;
> and with enourmous hidden and third-party costs.

Bring it on.