>A colleague gave me a copy of two database files, which he created in
>MSWorks for dos.  We are both trying to use these files to keep track of our
>clients' activities.  I do not have a copy of MSWorks for dos, and access
>will not recognize the file format.  The only other database program I have
>is pcfile, which used the dbf format.  Does anyone know how I can convert
>these files to access, or dbf format?

Do you know which version they where made for? I could copy the works.exe
file for you for version 2.0 (I think) and that should work so you can
atleast read the files
I haven't used Works since 89 or something like that so I don't know how
good it actually is, and how updated. But it might be worth a shot. (But
it's in Swedish, so there might be some problem for you getting around in it.)
Funny, there should be a convertor inside Access, perhaps you can look at
the installation discs/CD?
But why not get a copy of your colleagues M$Works? That should be the
easiest soluttion for everyone (but not the most legal).
//Bernie