On 1999-03-16 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >>  I used to have an Apple 2 E, whith Prodos and basic.system and
   >>startup.bas on it, it was prety cool.
   >Yeah, I used to have one of those critters - next door neighbour
   >gave it to me instead of throwing it out in a garage clear-out.  My
   >father came back from work the day after and said that his
   >technical department had just thrown a whole heap of Apple ][s and
   >related items into a skip, but he managed to bring back a copy of
   >ProDOS and the manual for it...  Strange OS, but it was fun to
   >fiddle with.
   >>  Stil the apple was realy neat for experimenting whith basic, it
   >>booted in to applesoft or basic, or if you had a 2E clone ms soft
   >basic, I think. If there was no disk controller it would boot to
   >Applesoft BASIC, if there was it would seek Drive 0 and try and
   >boot Applesoft DOS off it, then dump you in BASIC.  You could
   >always hit Break at the BIOS screen to get straight to BASIC though.
   >>    Finding an old apple 2e is another project, some whear on the
   >>back burner for now.
   >Mine's in a friend's garage now, I'm still trying to get it back.
   Mine, well, it got sold a while ago when I got so fed up of my girl
friend and others giving me a hard time about old out dated computers, my
bad.  yah I know.
  I had a lot of goodies in it I colected up, list:
  apple superserial card
  extra memory card, I couldn't figure out how to make work,
internal modem 2400 BPS I think it was an Avtec
transworp 7.some thing mhz excelerator card,
   the controller card that conected two 5.25 flopy drives to the computer,
  the universial disk controller card conected either or flopy drive,
  and finally an Doubletalk synthasiser card, also played music files, I
don't think they wore wavs or midys.
Oh, yah, also a RGB monotor, used a coaxiel cable to conect.
   >>  It didn't have a hard drive, instead it booted off of a 3.5 inch
   >>flopy, I baut new from centrol.software whith universial disk
   >>controller card so I could plug a 5.25 inch flopy in as well as a
   >3.5 inch flopy. Nach!  That's *modern*.  You want one of the
   >original 160Kb drives with the twin-drive controller.  Nifty as
   >anything, *and* you could hook 16 drives up to it if you had enough
   >cards.  My ProDOS manual said something about hard-drive add-ons,
   >but I never found one.  Pity.  I never did get around to booting
   >CP/M off it either...
   The 3.5 flopy had to go in to slot 7, this was the reason it wouldn't
work whith apple dos 3.3, dos 3.3 only recognised 6 slots.
  So the 3.5 flopy was in slot 7 drive 1, it could only be drive 1 or 2, if
I remember.  The 5.25 flopy was slot 6 drive 1, well that's whear the
origanal 5.25 controller was, and I left it there.
  A friend of mine had a 20 MB Sider external hard drive I helped him
install, it came whith it's own controller card and an install disk, I think

it showed in drive 0.  You could acces the drives by "s7 d1" or "s6 d1" or
"s7 d0" or you could just type the volume lable. To log on to the drive you
 used the "prefix" followed by the abuv mentioned access methods.
.  The CPU I had in mine was a 65C02, the origanal was 6502, I think
the C was either in the middle or the end of the 4 diget number, but am not
sure.  The 65C02 was suposed to run faster than the 6502, I used to know the

MHZs but it slipped my mind at the moment.