On 1999-03-15 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >On 11 Mar 99 at 19:04, Casper Gielen wrote:
   >> IMHO it's DOS (yes, especially MS-DOS which used to be the best)
   >>and  Apple who should be praised for opening up computing.
   >DOS and Apple did helped to open up computing, however IIRC MS-DOS
   >was not the best, it was rather buggy until 3.2. DR-DOS was MUCH
   >better, but it had only one disadvantage: it costed. So most people
   >would rather to stick to MS-DOS which came with their PC for free,
   >and most didnt noticed the bugs or disadvantages as they didnt
   >used the advanced features anyway..
   >Or Botton
   >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   >- "Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make
   >sense." -----------------------------
   >http://members.xoom.com/dsdp/
  I used to have an Apple 2 E, whith Prodos and basic.system and startup.bas
on it, it was prety cool.
  I tryed loading apple works on it, and it was a lot like trying to use
win95 on a 486 33 mhz computer.
  Stil the apple was realy neat for experimenting whith basic, it booted in
to applesoft or basic, or if you had a 2E clone ms soft basic, I think.
    Finding an old apple 2e is another project, some whear on the back
burner for now.
  It didn't have a hard drive, instead it booted off of a 3.5 inch flopy, I
baut new from centrol.software whith universial disk controller card so I
could plug a 5.25 inch flopy in as well as a 3.5 inch flopy.
  The 3.5 flopy could not be used in apple dos 3.3 unless you installed some
thing called amdos, but I liked Prodos better because it allowed you to make
directorys, apple dos 3.3 did not, you just had the root directory on the
flopy, and talk about lots and lots of files, in c:\windows\system it was
quite a screen full.

  Pete