On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 12:13:01PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get suspend2ram going on my HP NX 7400 which is not
> whitelisted in s2ram yet. Here are the infos you might need:
>
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard"
>     sys_product  = "                                "
>     sys_version  = "F.07"
>     bios_version = "68YGU Ver. F.07"
>
> The acpi options do NOT work, the screen remains black afterwards, but
> VBE POSTing the graphics card works. So using s2ram -f -p correctly
> suspends and resumes my machine except that the display is darker than
> before, but his can be corrected afterwards without a problem.

Ok, i added it to the whitelist as:

        /* Michael Meskes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, this is a NX 7400 */
        { "Hewlett-Packard",            "",                     "",
"68YGU*", VBE_POST },

> The only thing that gets lost during suspend/resume is the keyboard. I
> fixed this by calling
>
> echo -n reconnect > /sys/bus/serio/drivers/atkbd/serio0/drvctl
>
> after resume. I'm not sure if a workaround like this is to be added to
> s2ram too.

Only if it is impossible to solve in-kernel (which IMO should not be true :-)
So let's wait for the outcome of your bugzilla entry.

We usually do only the stuff in s2ram that is too ugly to be done in the
kernel ;-))

Thanks for reporting!
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"