There are more serious problems that justify to not upgrade the bios,
unless you have a core 2 duo (not supported by f06).
See
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1056713
With that bios cpufreq stops working!!!

I won't update it, surely, until they release a working version.