Steve -

Do you mean you will loop the return, or send the SVO return back to the SVO
tank?

If you loop it, you  can (likely will) get air trapped and  get an
accumulation and rough idle.

If you do not loop it (ie return to the SVO tank), the injection pump will
be working even  harder than usual, due to the higher viscosity of the veg
oil (and especially if you are only using glycol to heat it you are likely
not achieving 80C but only 50-60C and so higher viscosity than petrodiesel),
and the smallish return ports  on the Pollak (if that is the 6-port you are
using).

See the notes  found by Martin on the www.veggiepower.uk site re: vacuum
readings.

So, returning to the SVO tank is good, but another reason to use a booster
pump. Do not use a booster pump in conjunction with a looped return line, as
this will pressurize the whole circuit with no relief of the pressure on the
return - you'd have a pressurized "short", so to speak.

Ed B.
www.biofuels.ca