Please respond to biofuel@yahoogroups.com

To:   biofuel <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
cc:    (bcc: Joseph Martelle/US/GM/GMC)
Subject:  [biofuel] RE: Charlton Heston.

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

>      Chuck is president of the National Rifle Association (NRA). The largest
> most influential gun lobby in the US.

>The NRA is an interesting study in how a group can change over the
>years.  It started out as a conservation group, largely for hunters who
>wanted to conserve the wild lands on which they hunted, and remained so
>for most of its existence.  It has since morphed into the very picture
>of the right wing gun rights group, and conservation has dropped out of
>the picture.  It has changed to the point that it has alienated many of
>its long time members.  They are in fact the largest and most
>influential gun lobby in the US, but they keep needing membership drives
>because they lose members almost as fast as they gain them.  Whenever
>any member of the NRA tries seriously to raise a voice for common sense
>or compromise, or a return the the NRA's conservationist roots, that
>person is almost always kicked out, and in a couple of cases people have
>received death threats.

>I don't know how much control "Chuck" has over the NRA.  I suspect he's
>really a figurehead and spokes-celebrity.

>I am a gun owner, and I was in the past a member of the NRA, but they
>got too radical for my taste, so I didn't renew my membership.

Alan,
     Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I was against the NRA. I too am a former
member and gun owner who beleives in an individuals right to keep and bear arms.

     I am also 'plane' crazy- I would love to build and install a diesel engine
in an aircraft. I know, that German company (Zoche) is making 4 and 8 cyl radial
diesels for air craft, but they have been promising that for more than 10 years.
:-( Regards, Joe.