9% was the figure stated. I know that emulsifiers or cosolvents are used in
blending ethanol with diesel (e-diesel), but not sure about what is used,
how much, and stability of ethanol in SVO versus in diesel fuel. Also I am
not up on any other engine effects of such use positive or negative, short
or long term, so I'd like to know more on it before trying it. The emissions
results were sure impressive though, and it did bring the viscosity and DI
"optimum" temp. down (to 80¼C from 150¼C).

Edward Beggs
www.biofuels.ca

> From: Anton Berteaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:32:19 -0800
> To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [biofuel] SVO/WVO  conversion - VEG-Therm-
>
> also, at what percentage should one mix the ethanol and how stable is the
> mix?
> anton
>
> It depends on the engine type (DI or IDI) and the fuel (type of vegoil) to
> some extent, but in general DI engines, it seems, really should have higher
> temps, or thinner fuel blends than is required for IDI engines. That's why I
> posted on the idea of ethanol blending with SVO a few times. That brought
> the required temp. (in that study, on that DI engine, on rapeseed oil), down
> from 150¼C to 80¼C. and also gave significant further particulate emissions
> reductions compared to rapeseed oil alone, already quite a bit lower than
> petrodiesel.
>
> So as we see wider availability of fuel grade ethanol, that will be
> interesting to follow since it coincides with wider use of DI engines.

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!