Hi Hoagy

Good stuff! Good stuff with the oilseed yields too.

This might also be useful (if you approve of the source - the work
could be fine anyway, much of it is):

http://www.nrdc.org/globalwarming/carbon/kocinx.asp
Kingpins of Carbon - How Fossil Fuel Producers Contribute to Global Warming
Table of Contents

The CIA World Factbook has quite a lot of information on
international energy use.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/
CIA World Factbook 2001

http://www.bartleby.com/151/
The World Factbook. 2001
(Nice search function)

There's another energy site I keep trying to remember, which may be
the one you want. I'll stumble over it eventually.

>Thanks Keith.
>
>Still looking for one that lists all 167? countries of the world
>BUT found a chart that list the top 30 countries of the world.
>"Table 1.  Top BTU Consumption by Country - 1995".
> "Per Capita BTUs (Millions)"
>  India         11
>  Brazil        25
>  China        27
>  Mexico      57
>  Japan       142
>  UK          148
>  Australia   219
>  Canada     303
>  USA         327
>http://www.ecoworld.com/Articles/May23_BTU_GNP.cfm
>
>Table E1 World Primary Energy Consumption (Btu), 1990-1999
>(Quadrillion (10^15) Btu)
> Lists over 80 of the worlds countries.
>http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/iea/tablee1.html
>
>Even took the Kids Quiz on Energy.
> 15 multiple choice questions with
>"Find the answer first or look at the Quick Answer List."
> http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energyquiz.html

Did you like it? I've looked at it, wasn't quite sure - d'you think
we should add it to our schools resources pages?

regards

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Osaka, Japan
http://journeytoforever.org/

> > MH wrote:
> >In the article below it mentioned, "Europeans routinely use 30
> >percent less energy per unit of gross national
> >product than Americans do."  Could anyone point me to a website(s)
> >that could elaborate or compare the
> >differences.   Thank you.
>
>This should get you started:
>
>US Energy Information Administration
>http://www.eia.doe.gov/
>
>Regards
>Keith Addison
>
> > > http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/5027
> > > TOMPAINE.com -
> > >
> > > Book Excerpt
> > > Making Something From Nothing
> > > The Quixotic Logic Of The Bush Energy Plan, And How To Fix It

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM