"If our planet were the size of a basketball, the thickness of the breathable
atmosphere
 would be no more than one quarter of a millimeter, a barely noticeable
6-mile-high
 smear over the surface of the ball. The Earth is a ball of rock covered by a
thin smear
 of atmosphere and ocean."-- James L. Grubb book review @ www.amazon.com  of
"Almost Everyone's Guide to Science : The Universe, Life and Everything" by
John & Mary Gribbin

After reading - General: Elephant Grass and Coppiced Willow (thank you Todd)
http://beyond2000.com/news/Feb_01/story_1032.html

found a book review (below) that lead to the authors website with the following
excerpts;

Entitled:   "Living with the greenhouse effect"   by John & Mary Gribbin  [date
unknown to me]
   "A great deal of what you read and hear about the so-called "greenhouse
effect" is either exaggerated,
 or misrepresented, or both. But the basis for concern about uncomfortably
rapid global warming occurring
 within our own lifetimes and those of our children rests on just three facts,
and a reasonable inference."
[with a brief plain speak message in-between]
   "Should we care? That's really another story, but if nothing is done to curb
the increasing buildup of
 greenhouse gases, the models suggest that temperatures will rise by a further
1.5 oC by the year 2030,
 bringing flooding of coastal regions around the world as sea levels rise,
diseases normally associated with
 lower latitudes spreading out from the tropics, drought in the US Midwest
(still the most important grain
 producing region in the world) and other climate changes. You may or may not
feel that this is a price worth
 paying (by our children) for our own reliance on fossil fuels; but there is
enough evidence to persuade an
 unbiased observer that it really is going to happen."
http://www.biols.susx.ac.uk/home/John_Gribbin/environ.htm

If moisture levels gradually recede - humus content in soil could be beneficial
absorbing morning dew
providing a highway for biological activity.

I'm not sure how important this is to the US Senate's Energy Policy or anybody
else but thought others might
find this interesting to some ¼.  The author, a scientist, is reported to have
written "over 30* science
books. "   *http://beyond2000.com/news/Oct_99/story_286.html

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search