> > http://www.nrdc.org/globalwarming/carbon/kocinx.asp
> > Kingpins of Carbon - How Fossil Fuel Producers Contribute to Global Warming
> >
> > Table of Contents

Terrific report, thank you.  Added CO2 (carbon dioxide) to the BTU table
to get some prospective.

>Located a list of about 220 countries[?] indicating BTU use per person.

BTU   Table E1c
"World Per Capita Total Primary Energy Consumption, 1980-1999 (Million Btu)"
I'm assuming, and maybe wrong, the definition of Table E1c  -
  "Primary energy consumption reported in this table includes petroleum, dry
natural gas, coal,
   net hydroelectric, nuclear, geothermal, solar, wind, and wood and waste
electric power,
   as reported in Tables E2-E7. Primary energy consumption for the United
States also includes:"
[more] requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/international/ieapdf/te_01.pdf

CO2
"Per Capita (Person) Total Carbon Dioxide Emissions from the Consumption of
 Petroleum, Natural Gas, and Coal, and the Flaring of Natural Gas
 All Countries, 1980-1999 (Metric Tons of Carbon Equivalent per Person)"

Location               1999     Btu     CO2
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Africa                                15      0,3
Far East and Oceania           29      0,5
Central and
     South America               50      0,6
Middle East                       101      1,8
Eastern Europe and
     Former U.S.S.R.           125      2,0
Western Europe                 148      2,1
North America                   289      4,4
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
World Total Per Capita         64      1,0

Fossil Fuels world CO2 emissions per capita
 was 1,1 from 1980-1997 then dropped to 1,0 1998-1999
 about a 9 percent decline per person but population more than made up for it.

Using 'World Total Per Capita' average of 64 Btu and 1,0 CO2
 to formulate a Ratio column to view country/world average.
e.g. Mexico 63 Btu divide by 64 equals 1,0 CO2 is average.
e.g. USA 356 Btu divide by 64 equals 5,6 CO2 is average.
e.g. Sweden 249 Btu divide by 64 equals 3,9 CO2 is
     below average CO2 emissions by 54% or -54%.

>Extremes and a few in between
Country          1999   Btu      CO2     Ratio
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Chad                         0,3       0,0
Cambodia                  0,6       0,0
Afghanistan               1          0,0
India                       12          0,2         0,2
China                      25          0,5
Cuba                       35          0,7
Brazil                       52         0,5          0,8  -38%
Mexico                    63         1,0          1,0
Portugal                 102         1,7
Hong Kong             108         1,9
Spain                     133         2,1          2,1
Italy                       140         2,1         2,2  -5%
Korea, South           157         2,3         2,5  -8%
Taiwan                   159         2,9
UK                         168         2,6         2,6
Germany                 170         2,8
Japan                      172         2,4        2,7  -11%
France                    174         1,8        2,7  -33%
Russia                     177         2,7
Saudi Arabia            208         3,5
Sweden                   249         1,8         3,9  -54%
Australia                  250         5,0
Kuwait                    324         5,8
Singapore                342         6,4
USA                        356         5,6         5,6
Canada                     411        4,9         6,4  -23%
Norway                    425        2,7         6,6  -59%
Luxembourg              437        5,4         6,8  -21%
Iceland                      454        3,0         7,1  -58%
Netherlands Antilles    726       14,8
Qatar                        996       14,2         15,6  -9%
Gibraltar                  1452       30,4
Virgin Islands, US    2303        44,0
Wake Island           62292    1167,5 [?]

>Data above - from this link requires MS Excel or Viewer
>Direct Link http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/international/iealf/tablee1c.xls  for
>BTUs
Direct Link http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/international/iealf/tableh1c.xls  for
CO2