>  Just the basics: Ethanol
>  Transportation for the 21st century  14 Mar 02
>  http://www.ott.doe.gov/pdfs/jtb_ethanol.pdf  PDF
>  Impart says:
>  Although E95 is a good fuel for buses and
>  trucks, it cannot be used in standard diesel
>  engines. So tests are under way to determine
>  whether a new ethanol-based fuel can power
>  such heavy-duty vehicles without extensive
>  engine modifications. Called oxygenated diesel
>  or E-diesel (E stands for ethanol), the new fuel
>  contains 15% ethanol, 80% diesel fuel, and
>  5% of an additive that helps the components stay
>  mixed together. This blend promises to significantly
>  reduce exhaust emissions from heavyduty
>  vehicles while helping to lessen U.S.
>  dependence on foreign oil.

 I'm siding with Keith regarding maintenance and repair.

 Continued rambling on my part:

 E-95** contains 95 percent Ethanol and 5 percent gasoline.

 E-diesel -or- oxygenated diesel
 contains 15 percent Ethanol, 80 percent petro diesel
 and 5 percent of an (mystery) additive.
 Question:  if sulfur is removed from petro diesel
 whats the lubricant.  Biodiesel or....

 The Ethanol is used to encourage complete combustion.

 Biodiesel as well as Ethanol both have, so I understand,
 the hydroxyl (öOH) group that assists in complete combustion.
 [2. Ethyl Alcohol: What is it? http://chemcases.com/alcohol/alc-02.htm]
 Gasoline and petro diesel do not....
 so to encourage a cleaner burning petro fuel
 MTBE or a hydroxyl group is added.

 Living in a cold climate say part of the year the
 Freezing Point of fuel is worth consideration.

 "Properties of Fuels" including:
 gasoline, no.2 diesel fuel, methanol, ethanol, MTBE, propane, CNG, hydrogen.
 http://www.e85fuel.com/information/fuelproperties.htm

 For additional reference to footnotes please view
 http://www.afdc.doe.gov/pdfs/fueltable.pdf PDF

 ** Now the disappointment - looking back at ADM's E-95 diesel
 TRUKLINK
 FUELED ON ETHANOL
 12/1/97
 Imagine a 55,000-pound tractor-trailer fueled with corn!
 http://www.truklink.com/articles/te/article0071.html
 May I add that this report used
 95 percent Ethanol and 5 percent gasoline = E-95
 and a lubricant (0.6%) called Lubrizol.
 They also used 2-cycle diesel engines.
 2-cycle engines to my knowledge are inherently
 less efficient then 4-cycle engines.
 Now the discussion may lead to the Btu value
 comparing petro diesel to E-95.
 This could also differentiate petro diesel
 and biodiesel which has the hydroxyl (öOH) group
 and no sulfur but acts as a lubricant so I understand.

 One last thought:  if oil is extracted from oilseed
 could the remaining biomass provide ethanol and
 the balance go to feed or methane digestion or
 producer gas with the ash or sludge as fertilizer....

 P.S.  If I add say 5 percent oil (BD?) to gasoline
 will the automobile computer function properly
 or foul my spark plugs or possible generate carbon
 build up (although condensation or hydroxyls should
 prevent that I'd guess).  The lube might elongate
 engine life cycle but could decrease power unless a
 hotter spark plug would help.  I don't know.
 I imagine id be taking the risk at my own expense
 or profit from it with more discussion.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.