Ken & others- First I would like to thank all of you for your help & your
prompt replies. I thought it might be useful for me to describe what I have
in mind.

One of the missions we would like to undertake is to demonstrate the
effectiveness of biodiesel as a fuel to the local community and government.
The quality of my fuel is important. While energy (electricity) is cheap
here, cost is very important, hence my desire to use solar as a heat source
when practical. I believe that WVO can be preheated in a pcv pipe grid using
the sun. When painted black it is less suseptible to UV. Not along term
solution but will do for now.

After we are comfortable with our process, we intend to convince the City of
Eufaula to have the Recycling  Dept. collect all WVO produced locally (not
currently doing this) and produce their own clean fuel. I know other cities
in USA are producing biodiesel but none as small as us (15,000). Most
biodiesel info I have seen is geared either to large capacity production or
individual and farm production. Once we have coverted our own city, we will
try to convince other small communties in Alabama and eventually the South
East to do the same.

Somebody recently made referrence to the EPA and their discouragement of
small biodiesel prodution in an e-mail on this list. I am unfamiliar with
this but don't doubt it.  Ron Dodson (neat guy and a very creative thinker)
is the head of Audubon International. That is the group we are doing this
with. Ron also sits on the National Biodiesel Board. We can probably get
some support for this idea through him.

Bill C.