Hakan,

I find no dispute with the difficulties of integrating biofuels
(or anything worthwhile) into existing markets. I never have. Nor
do I find any dispute that biofuels pose significant benefits to
society, no matter what level their use.

But simply switching consumption of fuels from one form of
production to another is not, as I said before, a magic bullet.
Either form of production requires large amounts of inputs -
energy, labor and economic. The most feasible method to reduce
the totality of these inputs (setting aside any technological
improvements in manufacturing) is to reduce consumption by
consumers. And the most feasible methods of reducing consumer use
is to improve efficiency and to retrain the consumer populace so
as to create different priorities than presently exist.

Simply switching to biodiesel or ethanol does not change volumes
of consumption. Simply switching fuel sources does not alter fuel
economy, nor does it enhance efficient or conservative use - the
three most demonstrative factors applicable to reducing
transportation energy demand. Switching to biofuels without any
alteration in energy awareness and changes in consumption
patterns is a superficial "solution" which only stalls for a
brief period of time the inevitable consequences of energy
gluttony.

As for select marketing of biofuels, what you refer to as
"dictatorial ambitions," there are considerable opportunities to
legally select customer base. The discussion did not arise in
response to anyone's race, color, creed or physical disposition.
It emerges out of concern for grossly evident lack of principles
and ethics. Refusing loggers or construction companies as part of
one's customer base or utilizing a tiered price structure, based
upon pre-established environmental criteria, is not illegal. Ad
hoc refusal and inequitable application is.

And one seriously must ask the question...How does the benefit of
producing biofuels outweigh the cost when selling 500 gallons of
biodiesel to a customer who is known to clearcut and hill top
remove with complete disregard for everything but "financial
success?"

Principles, ethics, morals and philosophy have a great deal more
to do with markets and successful marketing than some people care
to believe.

Todd Swearingen