Hakan,

I would hope that you could elaborate on your thought process as
to how delivery of biofuels to precise markets, preferably
markets that are already praciticing or exibiting "green
conscience,"  is a direct corollary to any historical oil supply
restrictions initiated by Mid-East nation states and or OPEC
nation states.

There exist "rewards" marketwide for those who exibit desired
behavior patterns, patterns that fall in line with manufacturer's
and distributor's desired end results. "Sales" and price
incentives are used to maintain and/or induce consumption,
thereby maintaining demand for a manufacture's services. Why
should biofuels manufacture and distribution not have its own
incentives, following specific environmental ethics, effectively
distributing to end users who are more inclined to a sustainable
ethic than those who are not?

This is not a political "game." It's a matter of principle and
ethics. Let the manufacturer who is only concerned with "monetary
utility" market to all who can pay the toll. Let the manufacturer
who is concerned more with "environmental utility" select and/or
groom his or her clientele to achieve the greatest gain in that
direction.

Unfortunately, many people believe that simple fixes, like
biofuels use rather than petrol, are some form of "magic pill"
that solve the problems associated with energy. The sad truth of
the matter is that the consumption aspect of energy and the ends
to which the consumption is put to are considerably more
important than the energy issue itself. To not include a cradle
to grave principled and ethical approach to biofuels consumption
wherever possible is nothing more than  the same form of
irresponsibility exhibited by the very idustry that biofuels is
perceived as demonizing.

And not to be intentionally contrary, but I hesitate at great
length to agree that "The only thing that counts at the end is
financial success." I think the following expresses the fallacy
of such an approach far better than my words might....

Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

Cree Indian prophecy.

Todd Swearingen