On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:11 pm, Keith Addison wrote:
> FAIR-L
>                      Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting
>                 Media analysis, critiques and activism
>
> ACTION ALERT:
> In Iraq Crisis, Networks Are Megaphones for Official Views
>
> March 18, 2003

I have been mostly deleting all the political discussion recently... In
addition to it making me ill, I just don't have anything to say. (well,
perhaps that it is a little OT for biofuels, but I don't mind. that is what
the Del key is for, right?)

Usually in these situations I can sit back and quote teh wonderful mantra we
aussies have, "only in America"... Implying that America is big, bloated,
self-important, blinker-visioned and largely stupid [1].

But I can't now, because we (regardless of how much we say, "well I didn't
vote for him") are doing this too.

Damn it!

Someone today pointed out that the expected cost of the war (not including the
cost of maintaining Iraq afterwards, or whatever) is close to 100 billion
USD...

what else could we do with 100 billion USD? (well, except pay off something
less than 5% of 3rd world debt, currently running at US$2.3 million
million...)

[1] Present company excepted, ofcourse.... ;-)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM