Steve:

You asked for an answer on this once before, I missed reading your
query until the moment had already passed - so here is my opinion on
what needs to be shown, to really show that the TDI's are fine on SVO,
no matter how you do it...

Ten TDI's,  250,000 km+,  no more than one failure. Then you will have
a convert here.

Why so high?

  -  Literature review (reading studies of actual scientific testing)
indicates that even with heating of the SVO, problems will be much more
likely to occur than on IDI.

  - Typical TDI engine life would be at least that, with probably one in
ten or fewer failures before 300,000 km.

Once again, the question is not resolved by whether you have "tried it"
or not. I do not doubt that some kits have been aggressively sold to
trusting TDI owners and their engines have run for a few years on
grease, soy, etc. I'm not convinced it is a good practice, and we still
discourage it, even though it costs us sales.

.... what is it now for mileage?...certainly no where near what has
been done on biodiesel testing, not even close at all to diesel testing.

So, once again, the results to date are preliminary, and do not remove
the results that have been noted over and over about use in DI engines,
especially small displacement engines, in a number of studies, the most
relevant one still being the ACREVO study.

Edward Beggs
Neoteric Biofuels Inc.
http://www.biofuels.ca