Lot of smart guys in this group so I figure someone can answer my
question that I think may have a simple answer, but first
some background.

I have a 5hp Biodiesel generator set that I also extract heat (from
coolant and exhaust to heat the house). Now that I've moved into a
new house (my heating and electric was $450/month!!)I was thinking of
swapping out the generator head for an induction motor so that I can
intertie with the utility and use the utility as a battery and
supplemental power.

I know that if the utility goes out that It will produce no
electricity since the motor needs the field windings excited to
produce. Thats ok, the generator head will be moved to small gas
engine as backup.

My question:
For safety reasons, I would like to stop the Diesel engine when the
utility goes off. Anyone know how I can accomplish the shutdown or
where I can find a schematic so I can build my own? The engine has a
built-in 12 volt shutdown solenoid. Would a simple relay off the main
breaker suffice?

Thanks!
Eric Olsen

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM