Sorry Hakan.

If you were to ask me? I'd say it can't be done quite the way you would
wish.

Whether you choose vertical or horizontal axis turbines, the height of the
foils themselves would preclude "roof mount" once you get past two or three
horsepower - 1.5 to 2 kW. Even then the degree of elevation needed for foil
clearance would require a micro-tower structure on top of a stable roof
system and the roof would have to be at something akin to a summit to begin
with. In all probability more advantageous to separate the housing unit from
the elevating tower once you get beyond a few hundred watts.

If you were in the 50 kW range, I would say that you could reduce your costs
by building your own tower, presuming you had an engineer and welder who
didn't mind working for chips and beer on weekends. With a bit 'o luck you
could trade a keg or two of Sven's Black Powder Porter to the owner of the
crane company to help you get the tower and turbine vertical.

'Course, you better make sure that the crane company owner is someone you
can tolerate for the next 50 years, 'cause he's gonna' be around every other
weekend to admire his handiwork and swill more beer.

Beyond 50 kW? You're speaking of some reasonably serious industrial
construction. While 200 kW sized units are few and far between, the
technology and mechanics aren't a great deal different from a 600 kW or 1.5
mW unit.

200 kW is a boatload of output. You're speaking of powering a small
subdivision or the residential side of a small but posh ski resort.

Me thinks that if one is considering a scale of ~200kW, it's time to call
your in-law banker and a few others with not necessarily too deep pockets
who are looking for a way to shelter their money from depreciation. Perhaps
by the time they down the third gin and tonic they might even be thinking on
the scale of megawatt?

Only so much you can do on a cobbler's budget.

Todd Swearingen