That's ok Todd. Sorry about calling you "Appal", but I couldn't remember
your name.
Say you had 20,000 houses with 200 watt rotors running to capacity for
24 hours. They would collectively reduce the grid load by 4MW, and the
energy reduced would be 167kWh (for one day).
To add to this, if they were fairly inexpensive, a lot of people would
do it if they saw a few dollars off their bill every month. There would
also be people in rural areas realizing that there is no reason why they
can't install a larger rotor and reduce their electric bill by even
more.
I firmly believe any marketing for such a device has to be based on the
money savings. Yes, there are people who find conservation to be a good
thing, but there is a difference between us and someone who will only
work for money.
-Martin Klingensmith

To visit your group on the web, go to: