<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Greg,

The "black and white or color film" was the punchline of the "joke." The
real heart of the matter is the pondering of not only the morality of the
potential rescuer but the practices of the person in peril and how those
practices give cause for such a choice to exist in the first place.

Sounds as if you need to bury that guilt instead of letting it rule you any
longer. No point in crying over spilled lager any longer than a sincere
lament.

As for born again? Done there. Been that. Found out that I was born right
the first time and that the applied morality of the "church" was in
contradiction to the written word.

Seems that most "christians" can't discern that there is no difference
between putting a bullet in someone's brain and knowingly poisoning their
drinking water with a multi-million dollar paper mill or PCBs or mercury or
any other that in turn slowly kills others. They can't fathom how economic
policies that pay for their Sunday go to meetin' clothes and high living can
steal food out of the mouths and healthcare out of the communities of
distant peoples. Hell..., forget distant. Just look across any American town
or city. And if it's not a pulp mill or the like, it's an insurance company,
pharmaceutical company or any other grossly obese and/or immorally
opportunistic human activity.

Slow death vs fast death. None of them could see that jobs, tax base and
freedom as defined by corporatism and capitalism don't justify murder.

So no. Much as Hakan pointed out, I see little difference between a dictator
and a facilitator who circumvents or eradicates policies that erode and
outright destroy human life, all the while hiding behind a religious veil.
To hell with the "we're all fallible human beings" crap as a buffer and
excuse. We're all human. But we're all to be responsible for what we know.
Bush is a willing participant in the devastation that he facilitates and
could care less - or at least believes that it's okay as he'll supposedly be
forgiven for it.

A lot of good his being forgiven is going to do those people who's lives are
destroyed in the process of his folly.

In any event, his brand of religion as exercised in his position makes him a
danger to all those who exist at present and have yet to exist - Buddhist,
Trappist, Amish, Baptist, Agnostic and Anarchist alike - which is in itself
an indictment every time he wraps himself in the "right to life" flag.

Simply put? He's a hippocrit, a fraud and a con who does not serve the best
interests of any people other than those who are as care-less as he.

That's not an opinion. That's the conviction of hundreds of millions, among
which hundreds if not thousands are theologians.

Todd Swearingen