Lyle,

I just wanted to state that all my comments on this thread have been
in jest.  I really don't think that decimal points are heavy and
rarely use pencils.  I am a chemical engineer and calculate tanks
volumes.  I use both systems equally.  I would not say that "American"
(not that Americans invented it)  measurement is idiotic, but it is
archaic.  What kind of clue should America get?

Andy