Op dinsdag 25 januari 2005 11:36, schreef Keith Addison:

> >5 minutes at max speed of the magnet stirrer
>
> That's not long enough, no matter how much agitation you use. Max
> speed might not be the best. You'll find more information on this
> here:
> http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor8.html
> Biodiesel processors: The Deepthort 100B

This link doesn't say anything at all about the mixing time. I mean if I have
2 layers after setteling the biodiesel which was stirred for 5 minutes and
you have it with 15 minutes stirred biodiesel. Ok, we both have the same, but
how can I detect if indeed my way to do it, is "wrong"? I can't find any data
which is comparing stirring times. Any input on how to check if the reaction
was ok, is welcome. As far as I understand it, if there's unreacted oil, then
it would form a third layer, but that's not the case.

> In fact general advice when using a blender is to process for 15
> minutes or more.
>
> So what did you do then? How long did you let it settle?

24hours

> It might work, it might not, it depends on the pH meter. Probably the
> pH of the first wash water is a more reliable measure.

Indeed, that's what I'll do the next time :)

> You've used enough acid to wash 130 litres of biodiesel.

Oh, yes, they mention 'per gallon'...and I took it as it was per liter.(I'm
not used to use gallons)

But ok, I'm learning from my mistakes :-)

Regards,

Gregory