From: Kim & Garth Travis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Biofuel] cell phones and safety
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:36:14 -0500

Greetings Friends,

I find myself in need of doing a little preaching today. Sorry, but for me, this is the best way I can deal with the horror of last night.

Last night a young women of 21 or so was driving down the highway talking on her cell phone and definitely driving with no care and attention to what she was doing. I guess she thought that by staying mostly on the shoulder, it was safe to drive and talk. Then she dropped her cell phone and reached for it. A man, barely 10 years her senior who was riding his bicycle, died because of her actions. Her life will never be the same, either.

As for me, I can not work to erase the memory of what I saw until he has had his day in court.

Please, turn your cell phones off while driving. It was not just that she dropped that cell phone. She did not see the cyclist, because she was distracted by her conversation. He was plainly visible long before he was hit, I know, I watched the accident about to happen and it did.

Bright Blessings,
Kim