Hi David

>Are you sure about this, Keith?

Yes - 10% of 95%, it mixed easily and it's stayed mixed for weeks. I
haven't tried a bigger ratio or a lower proof. I started with the
ACREVO study I referred to previously, which had 9% of 95%. I wonder
where the cut-off is? It might vary a bit, according to, er,
variables. :-/

I'd be reluctant to use additives, or at least any additive you
couldn't rig yourself, partly because we take an appropriate
technology view of biofuels: maximum utilisation of locally
available, renewable resources, minimal "imports" (ie, you have to
buy it). We're a Third World project, after all. But of course to
each his own, and if there's no other way, well, so be it.

>I have tried to mix hydrous ethanol (about
>80%) with biodiesel by shaking in a glass jar, and found that they separate
>again.  Also, I have seen references to far lower biodiesel water
>solubilities than the 1200 ppm reported by Camillo (e.g. 7 ppm).

But how long does it stay that way? I can't measure such things, but
Camillo can. He says it will just reabsorb back to 1,200ppm.

>As for the coarse filter to let through the emulsion, there must be a
>downside to that surely (risk of abrasive particles).

I'm sure that's right, you'd have to account for that somehow, such
as a pristine fuel system and ensure it stays that way, and
pre-filter everything. But I wouldn't be too happy with anything less
then a final filter as spec.

Regards

Keith

>David T.